หัวหน้าโครงการ: อภิชาติ จำรัสฤทธิรงค์
นักวิจัย: สุรีย์พร พันพึ่ง, มาลี สันภูวรรณ์, เสาวภาค สุขสินชัย, Jason David Theede
Objectives : The overall objective of this study is to establish a study center on migration, focusing on internal and international migration in relation to health, the well-being of migrants, and development. Areas of focus on migrants’ health include HIV/AIDS, malaria, dengue fever, tuberculosis, reproductive health, occupational health, health of children of migrants’, and the health-care system. This study center is established by the Institute for Population and Social Research, Mahidol University in collaboration with several organizations and networks in the region and outside the region.
1. To encourage the conduct of research and sharing of results and methodologies on migration and related policies;
2. To raise the awareness of policy and decision makers and the public at large about migration issues in the region;
3. To support the development of policies and legislation that will promote quality of life of migrants in the region in line with internationally accepted standards;
4. To contribute to the development of regional migration and development studies and interventions by sharing research results and information about successful migration programs among all countries in the region; and
5. To carry out impact analysis of interventions in the area of migrant health.