The Institute for Population and Social Research, Mahidol University, invites applications for the position of Lecturer, detailed as follows:
Lecturer (open rank) with a doctorate degree (see detailed information attached)
Applicant must hold qualifications as per Mahidol University’s Regulation on University Staff 2551 (2008). Furthermore, the applicant must be qualified for the position, as outlined below.
3. Required documents (in PDF format)
3.1 Statement of Interest
3.2 Application form for University Staff Position and one 2” x 2” passport photo (taken within the past six months)
3.3 Updated CV with a list of recently published academic articles
3.4 One copy of degree certificates (Masters and doctorate degrees)
3.5 One copy of degree transcripts (Masters and doctorate degrees)
3.6 Proof of English proficiency test result
An applicant’s English proficiency test results must meet the criteria of the English Language examination for Thailand’s University Employees Regulations 2559 (2016).
- IELTS (Academic Module) overall score of 6.0 or more
- TOEFL iBT (Internet-based) 79 or more
- TOEFL-ITP 550 or more
- TOEFL-CBT 213 or more
Note: Demonstration of proficiency is exempt for applicants who completed a PhD program taught in English (international programs) from countries that use English as their official language.
3.7 A copy of house registration and ID card (Thai nationals) or a copy of passport (foreign applicants)
3.8 Two recommendation letters from previous employers and/or dissertation committee advisors (if any)
3.9 Name and contact details of two referees
3.10 Abstract and full paper for research presentation
3.11 Prospective syllabus for mock teaching demonstration (optional)
4. Announcement of qualified applicants
Qualified applicants will be contacted for the interview process.
Detailed Information Pertaining to Announcement
- Vacant position: University Faculty Staff (three Lecturer positions [open rank])
- Thai or other nationalities
- Doctorate degree in social sciences (e.g., demography, economics, sociology, anthropology, geography, political science, women and gender studies) or health-related sciences (e.g., public health, environmental science, epidemiology, biostatistics, behavioral and psychological science)
- A proficient user of English
- For other nationalities; familiarity with the Thai language and culture is an advantage.
- Responsibilities and job description:
- Teaching/training, supervising, and providing academic mentorship to students at the graduate level
- Securing research grants
- Conducting research and publication
- Carrying out other academic service duties as assigned
- Special consideration is given to those who can teach one or more of the following subjects: demography, sexual reproductive health, advanced research methodology, advanced statistics, data science, monitoring and evaluation, public policy, or social theory who have research interests in the following areas: sexual reproductive health, aging, migration, labor, population projection, children and youth, education, climate change, global health, or other emerging issues
- Salary: Base salary of 32,450 Baht/month
- Application: Please apply online until 28 April 2023 through the e-Recruitment website at https://muhr.mahidol.ac.th/E-Recruitment/index.php