Held every 4 years, the International Population Conference (IPC) organized by the International Union for the Scientific Study of Population (IUSSP) is like an Olympic for demographers. In October 2017, demographers and researchers around the world gathered in Cape Town, South Africa. Among thousands of them, 7 were from Institute for Population and Social Research (IPSR), Thailand. We presented our researches on population issues in Thailand, learned about the issues from other countries, and discussed with demographers around the world. In addition, we got to experience the country of rainbow in different ways, exploring, learning the culture, and observing the way of life. Please come join us in the In House Seminar to hear more about our academic and not-so-academic experiences in Cape Town.
The oral & poster presentations (OP & PP) presented at IPC 2017 by IPSR colleagues are as followed.
- “Preparedness for Old-age Income Security of the Pre-elderly in Thailand, Year 2007 and 2014” – Chalermpol Chamchan, Tuesday; 31 Oct. (PP)
- “Changes Healthy Life Expectancy among the Older Thais: The Study on Self-care Disability during 2002 to 2014” – Patama Vapattanawong, Tuesday; 31 Oct. (OP)
- “Early Childbearing and Its Impact among Teenage Mothers: A Case Study of Thailand’s Urban, Semi-Urban, and Rural Provinces” – Reena Tadee; Tuesday, 31 Oct. (OP)
- “Are Children Left Behind by Migrant Parents at Higher Risk of Domestic Violence? A Case Study of Thailand” – Aree Jampaklay; Thursday, 2 Nov. (PP)
- “Young Adults in a Conflict Setting: Migration and Family Formation” – Aree Jampaklay; Friday, 3 Nov. (PP)
- “Verification of the Reported Age of Centenarians in Thailand” – Sutthida Chuanwan; Friday, 3 Nov. (PP)
- “Integrating GIS and PSA into Delineating Flood Hazard Areas and Elderly Households at the Community Level” – Teeranong Sakulsri; Friday, 3 Nov. (PP)
Moderator: Ms. Reena Tadee
December 20, 2017 Time: 12:30 – 13:30 hrs. Room Rajavadee (326)